KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATIONAL RELIGION KING
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
LIVELIHOOD ENHANCEMENT AND ASSOCIATION OF THE POOR PROJECT (LEAP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Provincial Micro Finance Consultant
A. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance has received a Credit from International Development Associate (IDA) to fund the Livelihood Enhancement and Association of the Poor (LEAP) Project. The project is a 5- year funded by the World Bank with IDA Credit number 5960-KH with the project code P153591. The project has a total budget of SDR 15,100,000, approximately USD 20,170,000 and became effective on May 26, 2017 and has a closing date of November 30, 2022.
B. To commence and implement the Project, LEAP is urgently seeking qualified and experienced consultants to fill the position of Provincial Micro Finance Consultant for Siem Reap Provincial Hall.
Minimum Key Qualification:
The Provincial Micro Finance Consultant will have the following qualifications & experience:
- Has an Advanced Degree or Degree in Agriculture / Rural Development / Business Administration or similar degree;
- Has experience of working with state institutions and NGOs for seven years on Financial Inclusion or Micro Finance through Community Institutions such as Self Help Groups (SHGs) or Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) or Producers Groups (PGs) or federation of grass roots level community institutions;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and teamwork abilities;
- Has knowledge and experience of working with poor households on Micro Finance;
- Has experience of conducting studies, workshops, seminars, review meetings, annual planning exercises, etc;
- Has experience of working on bank financing to community institutions such as SHGs or PGs as loans will be preferred;
- Experience of working knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power-point; and
- Ability to communicate well in English is preferable
A. The Ministry of Interior (MOI) requests expression of interest from qualified and experienced candidates to undertake the above-mentioned services which are further detailed in the Term of Reference for the assignments. The consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014.
B. In submitting their expression of interest, candidates must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating professional skills, academic qualification, and experience in similar assignments, along with names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
C. Interested candidates can request for detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:00 hours, Monday through Friday, except the government public holidays.
D. Expression of interests must be submitted to the address below no later than 21 May 2019 (before 17:30 hours). Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and contract negotiation.
E. Attention to: Mr. Heanh Bunna, chief of procurement of LEAP project. Address: Ministry of Interior’s Governance Resource and Learning Center (GRLC), #275, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Tonle Bassac, Chamkamon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Email: email@example.com