KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATION RELIGION KING
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development
Request for Expression of Interest of
|Project Title: Upgrading the climate investment information database of sub-national government of Cambodia|
|No||Position||Number of positions||Duration||Duty Station|
|1||National Web Developer Expert||01||98 days||NCDDS, Phnom Penh|
|2||Evaluation and VRA Data Collection Consultant||01||55 days||NCDDS, Phnom Penh|
The Royal Government of Cambodia has approved the National Program on Sub-national Democratic Development Phase 2 (NP2) to deliver the efficiency and accountability of the public services to citizens and local economic development, including the Climate Change Vulnerability, Disaster Risk Reduction, Gender and Social Equity and Inclusiveness Mainstreaming. Climate change has been categorized as a cross-cutting component to support the achievement of the NP2 and will be tracked and monitored carefully.
In 2003, NCDD and the Ministry of Interior have developed Desktop Application System to control, verify, and track the record of the Commune/Sangkat Investment Projects. It was later upgraded to an Online Application System in 2010, called Project Implementation Database (pID). Even though the system contained significant information, it does not classify the climate investment action and budget for sub-national government yet
The Climate investment information must be widely available in a more transparent way, as it is a critical for all levels of decision and policymakers and should be on a public platform to access Vulnerability Climate Hazards’ data and Families Affected by Climate Hazards’ data through Vulnerability to Climate Hazards, The National Council for Sustainable Development (moe.gov.kh).
Project and Program managed under the coordination of NCDDS and other INGOs are piloting tool of VRA that aims to integrate climate change and disaster risks into the sub-national planning guideline. However, those data have been recorded for their project and program monitoring purposes.
In this context, NCDDS is seeking one individual consultant for a position National Web Developer Expert and one individual consultant for position Evaluation and VRA Data collection consultant.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
Candidates should possess the following education and experience:
- National Web Developer Expert
- Holding a master degree in computer sciences, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience web database development or related field
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design. Expert knowledge in C#, .NET Framework, MVC, SQL Server
- Experience working with national or international development organizations/firm
- Candidates should provide a portfolio containing examples of their achievements or links, together with references to verify work on the provided examples
- Shown ability to train and support staff to maintain and optimize data management
- Experience in providing development training manual
- Good communication skills and willing and ability to work with different stakeholders
- Good at English and Khmer
- Evaluation and VRA Data Collection Consultant
- Holding a degree
- At least 5 years’ experience working related to Climate Change/DRR and SNAs
- Experience on Vulnerability Risk Assessment (VRA) and SNAs planning and budgeting system
- Well understanding project long frame
- Good knowledge on gender, inclusiveness, and accountability.
Instruction for Application:
Interested consultants are kindly requested to provide their Expression of Interest by indicating qualification, technical skills, and experience of technical skills related job. The consultant can download TOR from the NCDD website: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement. Expressions of Interest must be submitted by email to Mr. Bith Chankhan, Chief of Procurement office at email@example.com or submit hard copy to address below, no later than 5th August 2022 (Before 5:00 pm).
- NCDD Secretariat, Building T, Procurement Office, 1stfloor, Ministry of Interior’s compound, Norodom Boulevard, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tell: 023 720 038/ 023 720 061/017258889
Only short-listed consultants will be requested to submit financial proposal and contract negotiation.