National Advisor as District and commune disaster risk reduction mainstreaming and capacity Building (Deadline : February 28, 2017)
- ចេញផ្សាយនា ព្រហស្បតិ៍, 23 កុម្ភៈ 2017 09:57
The Kingdom of Cambodia
Nation Religion King
National Committee for Sub–National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Consulting Services
A. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance has received a grant for Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CDRR) for $2.5 million to be financed by JFPR. The Grant, aims to improve preparedness to respond to natural disasters in Cambodia with the expected outcome of improved disaster management and response capacity at the district and commune level to address natural disasters. The Grant has four outputs (i) Institutional and technical capacity of priority districts on DRR and management improved; (ii) Capacity of target communes for DRR, climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster management enhanced; (iii) Community-based DRR and CCA activities implemented; and (iv) Effective project management and dissemination of best practices and innovative approaches. The Grant will assist 54 communes, 18 districts from Battambang, Banteay Meanchey, Siem Reap, Kampong Thom, Kampong Cham, and Prey Veng provinces to put in place DRM and CCA plans. The NCDMS is the EA and the National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) is the Implementing Agency (IA).
B. The National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) is the ImplementAgency (IA) for Component3 along with the National Committee for Disaster Management Secretariat (NCDMS) (EA).
1) The IA, NCDDS will recruita National Advisor as District and commune disaster risk reduction mainstreaming and capacity Building) base in Battambang Province. for a period of 12 months on an individual basis in accordance with ADB's Guidelines on the Use of Consultants:
Qualifications and Experience:
· Have preferably 5 years of experience in handling disaster management and DRR projects with a bachelor’s or higher degree in business administration, rural development or a related discipline.
· Experience in working with ADB or World Bank financed projects will be an advantage.
· The ability to work with governments (at the national and local levels) is also required.
· The specialist is to be based at the NCDM office in Phnom Penh.
· Will work with the NCDM assigned staff to report to the TA Director and Manager.
· Fluency in written and Spoken English is required.
· Willingness to conduct regular visit and work in rural areas and remote Communes/villages.
E. Interested candidates should submit current curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of three referees, to the address listed below by ……………… at 5:00 p.m.
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (PMSD Unit)
Administration Room, ground floor
Building T in the Compound of Ministry of Interior
Preah Norodom Blvd, Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone/Fax No. (855) 11 677 787 / 97 7 118 111