- ចេញផ្សាយនា ព្រហស្បតិ៍, 01 កញ្ញា 2016 11:20
National Committee for Sub National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR)
ADB Loan/Grant No.9178-CAM
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Consulting Services
A.The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance has received $2.5 million grant from JFPR through ADB for Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (CDRR). The Grant, aims to improve preparedness to respond to natural disasters in Cambodia with the expected outcome of improved disaster management and response capacity at the district and commune level to address natural disasters. The Grant has four outputs (i) Institutional and technical capacity of priority districts on DRR and management improved; (ii) Capacity of target communes for DRR, climate change adaptation (CCA) and disaster management enhanced; (iii) Community-based DRR and CCA activities implemented; and (iv) Effective project management and dissemination of best practices and innovative approaches. The Grant will assist 54 communes, 18 districts from Battambang, Banteay Meanchey, Siem Reap, Kampong Thom, Kampong Cham, and Prey Veng provinces to put in place DRM and CCA plans. The NCDMS is the EA and the National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) is the Implementing Agency (IA).
B.The National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS) is the Implement Agency (IA) for Component3 along with the National Committee for Disaster Management Secretariat (NCDMS) (EA).
1)The IA, NCDDS will recruit National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Infrastructure Advisor to be based at NCDDS for a period of 12 months on an individual basis in accordance with ADB's Guidelines on the Use of Consultants:
C.Qualifications and Experience:
The National DRRM Infrastructure Adviser will have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher degree in civil engineering or a closely related discipline;
- At least 5 years’ career experience in design, implementation and monitoring of rural infrastructure, including substantial experience of small scale irrigation with knowledge of decentralized system in Cambodia and the commune/sangkat’s PIM,
- Understanding of the challenge of climate change the types of adaptation needed in the design and implementation of small scale rural infrastructure,
- Specific experience with a project supporting disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation at local level is preferred;
- Experience in working with externally financed projects; particularly ADB or World Bank financed projects will be an advantage,
- The ability to work with as a team,
- Understanding the NCDD’s Technical Specification Manual;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent computer and IT skills (AutoCAD);
- Willingness to conduct regular visit and work in rural areas and remote Communes/villages.
E.Interested candidates should submit current curriculum vitae, including the names and contact information of three referees, to the address listed below by 16-09-16 at 5:00 p.m.
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDDS)
Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction (PMSD Unit)
Administration Room, ground floor
Building T in the Compound of Ministry of Interior
Preah Norodom Blvd, Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phone/Fax No. (855) 11 677 787 / 97 7 118 111
Click here to download TOR