KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATION RELIGION KING
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
LIVELIHOOD ENHANCEMENT AND ASSOCIATION OF THE POOR PROJECT (LEAP)
Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI)
Provincial Infrastructure Consultant/Rural Road Construction Engineer (PIC/RRCE)
(Extension Deadline to 12 August 2019)
A. The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance has received a Credit from International Development Associate (IDA) to fund the Livelihood Enhancement and Association of the Poor (LEAP) Project. The project is a 5- year funded by the World Bank with IDA Credit number 5960-KH with the project code P153591. The project has a total budget of SDR 15,100,000, approximately USD 20,170,000 and became effective on May 26, 2017 and has a closing date of November 30, 2022.
B. To commence and implement the Project, LEAP is urgently seeking qualified and experienced consultants to fill the position of Provincial Infrastructure Consultant/Rural Road Construction Engineer (PIC/RRCE).
Minimum Key Qualification:
- Bachelor degree (or higher is plus) in civil engineering field
- At least 10 years of experience in infrastructure design, construction and supervision, with a specific focus on rural roads, as well as project management experience
- Training and presentation skills
- High level computer skills including CAD (essential) and thorough understanding of database design and management (highly desirable).
- Previous and relevant experience, at least three years working with project related to CSF or Rural Infrastructure Implementation, the World Bank and/or with Government Officials
- Familiarity with the principle issues related to policy, regulation and technology choice for construction, operation and maintenance of rural infrastructure;
- Fluency in spoken and written Khmer and English.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the provinces.
- Ability to work well in teams and to work independently with minimum supervision.
C. The Ministry of Interior (MOI) requests expression of interest from qualified and experienced candidates to undertake the above-mentioned services which are further detailed in the Term of Reference for the assignments. The consultants will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014.
D. In submitting their expression of interest, candidates must provide their updated curriculum vitae, indicating professional skills, academic qualification, and experience in similar assignments, along with names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
E. Interested candidates can request for detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours from 08:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:00 hours, Monday through Friday, except the government public holidays.
F. Expression of interests must be submitted to the address below no later than 12th August 2019 (before 17:30 hours). Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and contract negotiation. Attention to: Mr. Heanh Bunna, chief of procurement of LEAP project, address: Ministry of Interior’s Governance Resource and Learning Center (GRLC), #275, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Tonle Bassac, Chamkamon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.