KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATIONAL RELIGION KING
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
LIVELIHOOD ENHANCEMENT AND ASSOCIATION OF THE POOR PROJECT (LEAP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Contract Title: Human Resource Development Service Provider
Project: Livelihood Enhancement and Association of the Poor
(Extension deadline to January 30, 2019)
To address the needs of rural and urban poor in Siem Reap Province and Phnom Penh Municipality, the Royal Government of Cambodia obtained US$20.17 million in credit financing from the World Bank to fund the Livelihood Enhancement and Association of the Poor (LEAP) Project. The 5- year project began in May 2017 and has a closing date of November 30, 2022. The project development objective is: to improve access of poor and vulnerable households in selected communities to financial services, opportunities for generating income, and small-scale infrastructure.
The services of a non-governmental organization (NGO) are required to deliver the same set of interventions in 47 communes of Siem Reap as well 13 sangkats of Phnom Penh. Activities would include: local labor market analysis, training provider assessments, beneficiary selection, employability training and career counseling, voucher provision for skills training, job placement and employment support. The contract would be for up to four years, subject to annual performance reviews.
The Ministry of Interior now invites non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to indicate their interest in bidding on this contract. In response to this Expression of Interest (EOI), interested organizations should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Required to be a non-government organization; development agency; foundation; research, consultancy & training organization; or any other agency registered as a non-profit in Cambodia or abroad.
- Experience operating in Cambodia or another Southeast Asian country for at least 5 years in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET);
- Experience delivering or facilitating technical or specialized job training and placement support services;
- Experience providing support services to poor households in Cambodia;
- Experience managing at least one relevant contract/project with an international organization (i.e. UN agencies, World Bank, ADB, bilateral donors, etc.);
- Experience working with training providers, MoLVT and other relevant government agencies;
The attention of interested NGOs is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
An NGO will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost-based Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. As such, upon assessment of qualifications and experience of the applicants, only eligible and qualified organisations will be invited to respond to a Request for Proposals.
The full ToR can be requested, for information, from the contact below.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in written form to Mr. Heanh Bunna, chief of procurement of LEAP project, Email: email@example.com, Tel: Office: +855 12 504 711. The deadline for receiving responses to this EOI is January 30, 2019 (before 17:30 hours)