National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat (NCDD)
Land Allocation for Social and Economic Development Project II (LASED II)
IDA Credit No.: 5807-KH
Invitation for Bids
Wishes to engage a contractor to execute the following Works:
For Upgrade Earth Road to Laterite Roads
(Main Road) at Tipo 1 and Tipo 2, Kampong Thom Province
1. The Royal Government of Cambodia has received Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of Land Allocation for Social and Economic Development Project II (LASED II), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Civil Work “Upgrade Earth Road to Laterite Roads (Main Road) at Tipo 1 and Tipo 2, Kampong Thom Province”.
2. Construction is scheduled to begin on January 2018 and completed by end of March 2018 (within 2 months)
3. Interested qualified eligible contractors are invited to obtain a copy of the bidding documents free of charge from the address given below.
4. To be considered eligible a contractor must
a. Not be under any notice of disbarment issued by the Royal Government of Cambodia or the World Bank.
5. To be considered qualified a contractor must:
a. Have completed in the last 3 years at least two contracts of a similar nature of at least 75% of the value of the bid.
b. Have cumulative construction turnover in the last two years equal to at least 1.5 times the value of the bid price.
c. The proposed works manager must have at least 3 years of experience in the supervision of works of an equivalent nature and size and no less than one year as a manager.
Documentary evidence to demonstrate the bidder’s qualifications must be submitted with the bid.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address given below at or before 14:30 p.m. on 4 January 2018. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in public immediately thereafter at the same address in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives and the project’s beneficiaries from the concerned local community who choose to attend shall be allowed to be present in person.
7. The Employer shall award the Contract to the Bidder whose offer has been determined to be the lowest evaluated bid and is substantially responsive to the Bidding Documents, provided further that the Bidder is determined to be qualified to perform the Contract satisfactorily.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid and Performance Securing Declaration as described in the bidding documents. Any bid not accompanied by one will be rejected as non-responsive.
9. The address where the document may be inspected and obtained is:
Mr. Neang Vanny, Procurement Officer, LASED II Project
National Committee for Sub-National Democratic Development Secretariat
Land Allocation for Social and Economic Development Project II (LASED II) Office. C/o. Ministry of Interior, Building T# Norodom Blvd., Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.Tel. No. (855) 23 720 038.
10. In case of any difficulty in obtaining the bidding documents, interested parties may contact in writing to
a. H.E. Ngan Chamroeun
Under Secretary of State, Ministry of Interior, Executive Deputy Head of NCDD Secretariat,
No. 275, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Khan Chamkamon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 720 038
b. H.E. Cheam Pe A
Deputy Director General of General Department of Administration, Ministry of Interior. Project Coordinator of LASED II
No. 275, Preah Norodom Blvd, Khan Chamkamon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (855) 23 720 038
And also send the copy to:
a. Director of Department of Multilateral Cooperation, General Department of International Cooperation and Debt
Management, Ministry of Economy and Finance
New Building, 2nd Floor, ST.92, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Email : email@example.com
b. Mudita Chamroeun,
LASED II Task Team Leader and Senior Rural Development Specialist. World Bank Cambodia Office.
10th Floor, Exchange Square Building, Street 51-61 and Street 102-106, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Tel: (855) 23 261 300, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. The RGC and the International Development Association (IDA) will respectively declare a firm ineligible either indefinitely or for a stated period of time, to be awarded a contract funded by the RGC and IDA, if it at any time determines that the firm has engaged in corrupt or fraudulent, coercive or collusive practices in competing for or in executing a contract.
12. Any party may make a complaint at any stage of the procurement process. The procedure is described in Clause 21 of the Instructions to Bid.