KINGDOM OF CAMBODIA
NATION RELIGION KING
MINISTRY OF INTERIOR
GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION
IMPROVING SOCIAL SERVICES PROJECT
Request for Expression of Interest
Short term Individual Consultancy
Following the first elections of Commune/ Sangkat Councils held in 2001, Royal Government of Cambodia created Commune Committees for Women and Children (CCWC). National Committee for the Management of Decentralization and De-Concentration Reform (NCDD) formulated and issued the following related guidelines in 2007 and 2008:
- A) Guidelines on preparation and establishment of CCWC in all Communes and Sangkats in Cambodia
- B) Guidelines on the organization and functioning of the CWCC including roles and responsibilities, grant and supporting mechanisms.
Following the formation of such structure in 2009, members of the CCWC were trained on the functioning of the committee.
Also, in recent years, there are many new guidelines, policies and national programmes developed and designed, such as the Social Service Implementation Manual issued by the Ministry of Interior (MoI), the Community Pre-School Management Guidebook, the Child Protection Guidebook etc. These policies and programmes have delegated more roles and responsibilities to the CCWC and more particularly to the Commune Focal Point to Women and Children (CFPWC).
Therefore, the current functions need to be reviewed and adjusted to align with the new development as above mentioned, so that CCWC, CFPWC could have clarity on expectations of them and could perform their roles and responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
To Review and Revision of Guidelines on Organization and Functioning of the Commune / Sangkat Committee for Women and Children, General Department of Administration is seeking a qualified short-term consultant for the period of 2 months (40 working days).
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Advanced university degree, preferably advanced university degree in community development, public administration and public policy.
- Extensive knowledge and at least 8 years of experience in local governance and decentralization;
- Extensive knowledge of social works and child protection
- Technical knowledge of local governance, decentralization system and social services.
- Excellent analytical, facilitation, communication and report writing skills;
- IT literacy (Use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated facilitation training experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, good team working spirit; and Good leadership skills
- Fluency in written and spoken both Khmer and English
Instruction for application:
In submitting their expressions of interest, the interested candidates are kindly requested to provide their cover letter, updated curriculum vitae with recent photo, indicating their personal and technical skills, academic qualifications and experience in similar assignments along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail, telephone or fax numbers). The candidates can download detail ToR from the NCDD Website: www.ncdd.gov.kh/jobsprocurement.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below by email or by hard copies no later than 12 August, 2019 (before 5:00 pm).
Department of Municipal, District, Commune, Sangkat Affairs, Building D, Municipal/District, Commune/Sangkat office, 2nd floor, Ministry of Interior’s compound, Norodom Boulevard, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, Kingdom of Cambodia.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and contract negotiation.